Of all of the genres that we learned about in film the one that most interests me is the thriller genre. One of the reasons that I like the thriller genre so much is that it the excitement keeps me on the edge of my seat. I like this because it can create a feeling of excitement which allows me to be absorbed in the story. This is the main reason why I love Alfred Hitchcocks films. They all create some sort of suspense or anticipation during parts of the film. I appreciate the suspense created by uncertainty and excitement rather than fear. This is why I prefer action-thrillers, crime-thrillers, and sci-fi thrillers over horror. The fact that I am drawn to the thriller genre displays that I am intrigued by excitement but also tension and anticipation. Some of the directors that I would like to emulate would be Alfred Hitchcock, Quinten Tarantino, Denis Villeneuve, James Cameron, Ridley Scott, and Stanley Kubrick.
Why use Story Structure? The structure you use as a foundation for your script is key in creating a narrative that flows and excites. Most beginning writers make the mistake of ignoring story structure completely. However, if you ignore story structure your film will likely suffer from seeming aimless or boring. Story structure is a great tool for pacing your film at a rate that keeps your audience interested. Structure is also a way of making sure your audience doesn't get confused. Story structure does this by laying out events in a familiar fashion. For this investigation I will be learning how to utilize story structure, two types of story structure, and when to deviate from the provided structure. Structure - Three Act Structure The three act structure is the most common structure for telling film narrative. The only downside to using this structure is it doesn't tie everything together like the next two. An example of a film that uses this structure is Mad M...
Comments
Post a Comment