I feel like I did best on the pacing of the film even though the actual takes were very long. I also thought that the music went with the intensity and pacing of the film. My classmates thought that the slow mo tilt up shot where the phone thief jumped over the girl tying her shoe. They also thought that the acting performance was believable. I feel like the obstacles during the rising action needed to be made more prominent. Our strengths were: acting, pacing, camera angles/movements, and audio. Our weaknesses were: lighting, white balance, and costumes. I need to focus on making more prominent obstacles and improve my strengths by adjusting the audio according to the action and using camera angles to add emotion to the film.
Inglourious Basterds is a spaghetti western war film that is continually shocking with its subversions. A spaghetti western is a sub-genre of western films that caught on thanks to the success of director Sergio Leone and his dollars trilogy. Quentin Tarantino uses the conventions of a spaghetti western in order to subvert the war genre. The conventions that Tarantino focuses on are revenge, extreme violence, and bizarre hero names. Tarantino uses these conventions of a spaghetti western in order to consistently surprise the audience. One of the ways that he does this is by introducing characters with carefully thought out back stories, and then killing those characters quite quickly. Another example of subverting the audience is when he makes you expect action because it is a spaghetti western, but instead the film is very dialogue centered. He also subverts expectations by changing the way that history plays out. This subverts the idea that the audience always knows how a historical ...
Comments
Post a Comment