Skip to main content

More script

Over the past week I've continued writing my script. My original intention was for it to be a 90 to 120 page feature script. However, seeing how my writing is paced currently I estimate I'll be out of content to write about in 40 pages. This means I need to go back to the drawing board. I have an outline mapping the plot. The problem is I'm only 21 pages in and I've already covered half the plot points. My current plan is to continue writing at my current pace, and finish the script in around 40 pages. Once this is done I'll then go back and revise what I've written. Filling in scenes, adding new ones, maybe even adding in sub-plots. I'll be back with an update next week.

New Pages










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inglourious Basterds Review

Inglourious Basterds is a spaghetti western war film that is continually shocking with its subversions. A spaghetti western is a sub-genre of western films that caught on thanks to the success of director Sergio Leone and his dollars trilogy. Quentin Tarantino uses the conventions of a spaghetti western in order to subvert the war genre. The conventions that Tarantino focuses on are revenge, extreme violence, and bizarre hero names. Tarantino uses these conventions of a spaghetti western in order to consistently surprise the audience. One of the ways that he does this is by introducing characters with carefully thought out back stories, and then killing those characters quite quickly. Another example of subverting the audience is when he makes you expect action because it is a spaghetti western, but instead the film is very dialogue centered. He also subverts expectations by changing the way that history plays out. This subverts the idea that the audience always knows how a historical ...

Investigation - Writing (Structure)

Why use Story Structure? The structure you use as a foundation for your script is key in creating a narrative that flows and excites. Most beginning writers make the mistake of ignoring story structure completely. However, if you ignore story structure your film will likely suffer from seeming aimless or boring. Story structure is a great tool for pacing your film at a rate that keeps your audience interested. Structure is also a way of making sure your audience doesn't get confused. Story structure does this by laying out events in a familiar fashion. For this investigation I will be learning how to utilize story structure, two types of story structure, and when to deviate from the provided structure. Structure - Three Act Structure The three act structure is the most common structure for telling film narrative. The only downside to using this structure is it doesn't tie everything together like the next two. An example of a film that uses this structure is Mad M...