Skip to main content

How are movements used?

Crane Down- Dropped into character's world.

Crane Up- Shows us how small a character is.

Crane high to low- Makes a character look strong and opposing and creates fear.

Handheld camera- Creates a feeling of uneasiness or danger.

Quick Pan- Change the emotional direction of a scene almost instantly.

Quick Push In- Creates a sense of shock or surprise.

Slow Dolly In- Creates tension and a sense of intimacy with the character.

Slow Dolly Out- Leaves the character emotionally lost and abandoned/empathy.

Dolly Across/tracking shot- Reveals action or changes emotional direction in a scene.

Glidecam Camera- Makes a feeling of epic or dreamlike.

Glidecam 360 reveal- Calm before the storm feeling.

Zolly (Dolly + Zoom)- Overwhelming emotional feeling almost out of body experience/mind blown.

Pan- Used to reframe the shot creating a change in the emotional direction of the viewer.

Tilt up/down- Creates a sense of anticipation for the audience as the camera moves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blender Highlights 2022

 

Even More Script

So far I'm continuing through at the same pace. I'm now on page 31. It is becoming apparent that the pacing is very inconsistent. However, this is an easy fix when I go to revise. All it means is I need to add in some places and take away in others. As I go along I am discovering things that I need to explain in the first act. This is also good news because it means I have more material to work with. My hope is once I'm done the script will be around 90 pages. Right now I'm not sure how accurate that goal is but I'm still going after it. By next week I intend to have the first draft finished without revisions. Here are this weeks pages.